What makes the Perfect High Protein Blend?
- Achieves at least 20gm of Protein in each serving. Protein powders targeting the market of athletes / bodybuilders / weightloss, often promotes protein levels of 20gm+ in each serving size.
- Contains complete protein (i.e all 9 essential amino acids).
- Be low carbohydrate / low GI.
- Appeal to the Paleo-diet market.
- Choose from Sprouted Rice or Pea Protein powder, Hemp Protein Powder (Aust Grown), Sacha Inchi Protein powder, Pumpkin Seed Meal, Sunflower Seed Meal, Quinoa Powder.
The following recipe is simply a guide to help those of you interested in creating your own Vegan Protein Blend.
Your idea of a High Protein Blend may be completely different, otherwise add and subtract from the below to come up with your very own version.
43% Organic Sprouted Brown Rice Protein – has a number of advantages over other protein powders.
- Blends easily and is not chalky in texture (as many other protein powders are)
- Taste – rice protein powder is naturally slightly sweet.
- Organic brown rice protein powder is Hypo-Allergenic, so is good for people with compromised digestion.
- Organic whole grain, Brown rice includes the bran and the endosperm layers, not only retaining the fibers but also much of the amino acid profile.
- It is bio-fermented / sprouted with natural enzymes , which as the above detailed increases the bio-availablity of the protein.
40% Organic Sprouted Pea Protein Powder – benefits include;
- Is a complete protein, which together with Rice Protein ensures good to high levels of all 9 Essential Amino Acids.
- Pea protein is especially high in lysine and arginine, which are particularly beneficial for those leading active lifestyles.
- Like Rice Protein powder, it is hypoallergenic and bio-fermented / sprouted which makes it particularly good for people with compromised digestion.
- Pea protein in a very good source of dietary iron.
*By combining rice protein and pea protein powder together making up 83% of the total blend, in a 30gm serving 20gm of protein is delivered.
Note that if you wish to target the Paleo-diet market, you would need to substitute Rice Protein powder with a different superfood powder source (as rice is obviously a grain). A possible alternative, would be Sacha Inchi Protein Powder , Hemp Protein Powder or Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder .
Please also note that here at PLS, we do not offer whey protein powder as a raw material that we can source.
14% Organic Mesquite Powder – has traditionally been used as a flour or low GI sweetener. It blends beautifully, making it an ideal addition to a smoothie blend with it’s natural nutty – caramel flavour. Due to it’s extremely low GI level (25), it provides slow release energy, which in combination with this blend’s high protein content, means that it keeps your energy level going for longer after consuming.
An alternative to Mesquite, would be to use a fruit powder ( i.e Lucuma, Berry Powder, Apple etc) .
2-3% – Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum Powder – this option of including either one of these vegan powders is popular when creating a protein powder which is simply mixed in water or milk (i.e not blended with fruit or any other fiber containing food). Both Xanthan Gum and Guar Gum emulsify and thicken the texture of the mixed drink.
3% Vanilla Flavouring Powder – add a smooth, velvety tone. Other flavouring powders we can source include; strawberry, mixed berry, cookies & cream, salted caramel, apple/cinnamon etc.
For more details please refer to our How it Works page.