- Complete proteins foods not only provide the structural materials for building genes, adequate protein levels help balance blood sugars and therefore lesson the likihood that simple carbohydrates will be consumed excessively and lead to hormonal imbalance.
- Superfoods with “adaptogenic” qualities are particularly helpful in mitigating stress due to their lower stress hormones cortisol and adrenaline.
- Omega-3 fatty acids appear to affect neurotransmitter pathways in the brain, with low omega-3’s levels often being associated with depression.
- Foods high in Tryptophan (one of the 9 essential amino acids which cannot be manufactured by the body and therefore must come from the diet) is very important in neurological function . In particular it serves as a precursor to serotonin, which is known as the “feel good” or “happiness hormone”. It is also thought to balance sleep and produce a stable mood. A low level of serotonin causes depression, anxiety and premature aging.
- Selenium-rich-foods are believed to help improve mood, with some studies indicating an association between low selenium intakes and poorer moods.
- Foods that contain phenylethylamine (PEA), are renowned for their mood enhancing qualities. Whilst this super-molecule exists naturally in the brain, the only two foods that contains PEA are Cacao and blue-green algae.
Any raw material you require not listed below you can request when filling out our New Product Development form.
Superfoods Options Include
Organic Raw Cacao – one of only two foods (blue green algae is the other) which contain phenylethylamine (PEA), which is a mood enhancer.
Organic Hemp Protein Powder
Organic Sacha Inchi Protein Powder
Organic Maca Powder – adaptogen
Organic Siberian Ginseng Powder – adaptogen
Organic Ashwagandha Powder – adaptogen
Organic Chia Seeds or LSA – good source of omega 3 fatty acids and selenium
Organic Broccoli or Spinach Powder – good source of selenium
Organic Spirulina, Pumpkin Seed, Almond or Walnut Seed Meal – good source of tryptophan is an important precursor to the manufacture of serotonin which is a chemical messenger believed to act as a mood stabilizer.
Organic Inulin Powder – prebiotic to gut flora (2nd brain).
For more details please refer to our How it Works page.