What Makes a Perfect Acai Bowl?
- Obviously Acai Fruit Powder has to be your hero ingredient with it’s sweet berry flavor coming through, as well as it’s rich purple colour. The challenge with Acai powder however is that it’s a very expensive raw material to work with. To manage cost we typically make Acai 20% of the blend and then top up this berry component with a (cheaper) blended berry mixture so that berry flavour is predominant and the colour is a rich purple.
- Add a chewy and or crunchy textural component.
- Include ingredients with plenty of natural sweetness.
How to Make an Acai Bowl
- Simply add 1 Scoop of Acai Bowl Pre-Mix to a blender with half a cup of your choice of milk (or coconut water) and a handful of frozen berries or half a frozen banana. Blend until thick and creamy.
- Pour mixture into a bowl or short / wide rimmed glass.
- Layer with muesli or granola.
- Top with sliced banana, berries.
- Drizzle with honey, maple syrup or coconut nectar (optional).
The following recipe is simply a guide to help you create your very own Acai Bowl Pre-Mix
Your idea of a Acai Bowl Pre-Mix, may be completely different, so add and subtract from the below to come up with your very own, improved version!
Organic Coconut Flakes or Coconut Chips (50%) – Coconut flakes are made from dried and flaked organic coconut flesh, forming a wholesome, chewy base.
Organic Acai Berry Powder (20%) – Naturally the hero ingredient. We source an organic Acai Powder which is packed full of all the antioxidants which have given this Brazillian berry its legendary status.
Superfruit Juice Blend Powder (15%) – As mentioned above we recommend supplementing Acai Powder with a Berry Powder to manage cost. We’ve used to good effect a Berry Juice blend featuring; Raspberry juice, Strawberry juice, Pomegranate juice, Elderberry juice, Blackcurrant juice, Blueberry juice, Cranberry juice, Goji juice and Acai puree. This adds Berry flavor and has a dark purple colour.
Organic Maca Powder (5%) – the superfood most associated for energy and vigor, makes it the perfect accompaniment to our Acai Bowl Pre-Mix.
An alternative might be to use Lucuma Powder, Mesquite Powder, Rice Protein Powder etc.
Organic Cacao Nibs (5%) – “Nature’s Chocolate Chips” are packed with nutrients, antioxidants and heart healthy antioxidant flavanols and monosaturated fats. Adds some more texture to the Pre-Mix.
Alternatively, you might include Buckinis, nuts or seeds.
Organic Banana Powder (5%) – our Australian grown Organic Banana powder, tops off our Acai Bowl Pre-Mix with a subtle, creamy sweet hit of flavor.
For more details, please refer to our How it Works page.